Oh goodness, it feels good to be back to sewing and stashbusting. My machine was acting terribly at the end of 2016 and after just barely making it through finishing up a Christmas quilt (I was literally in tears from frustration), I sent it off to be fixed.
A few weeks went by for repairs and then a few weeks when I didn't feel like sewing. And now I'm back and so excited to finish up some quilts! But, before I jump back in to stashbusting again, I thought a progress report would be fun.
Since I started this whole crazy thing back in August 2016, I have completed two totally new quilts (as in, NOT a wip), sewed backs for at least 10 finished quilt tops (I didn't keep track and I only quilted two of them, both were gifts) and sewed binding for all the quilts that are waiting to be quilted. I also made a dozen or so small flannel blankets that I donated to the memory care center where my mom volunteers.
I probably used up about 50 yards of quilting fabric and 30 yards of flannel. Maybe more? It's hard to say since I'm not officially keeping track.
When I look at my shelves now, I see very little difference besides maybe neater fabric piles. But, when I look closer, there are actually differences. For one thing, every piece of fabric I own that isn't a wip is now on the shelves. That includes bolts of fabric that I didn't have pictured last time AND two new bolts for an upcoming project (I know, but it had to be done). Also on the shelves now are vintage sheets/tablecloths, silks and apparel fabrics. I had no room for these before so that's an accomplishment!
I also consolidated enough to make a little space for my basting spray, rotary cutter and scissors. And finally, I got rid of the stuff that was piled up on top of the wooden baskets (mostly batting and wips). Most of my stuff now fits IN the baskets, with a few exceptions because I'm lazy and sometimes just toss stuff up there and it pokes out the top.
Now that every finished top has a back/binding, I'm going to move on to wips. I have maybe a dozen or so quilts that are just blocks or pieces. And then, of course, I'll make backs/binding for those. I have two quilt tops that have been claimed by friends so I'll be quilting those up soon (good thing I already have backings and bindings for them!).
My next goal is to clear enough shelf space to stop double stacking at least some of my white scrap bins. I'm much better about putting things away when I can just drop scraps into the right basket.
Alright, that's enough for now. I'll be posting some finished quilts this week, I'm way behind!