A New Goal

For the past year and a half I've focused on changing bad habits, one of which is my inability to finish any project I start. Turns out, if you want to finish something, you just have to work on it until it's finished. Obvious, right?

And so I focused and worked hard and set monthly goals and finished 27 quilts in 18 months. Some were new from scratch but most were wips or finished tops. And the best part: I gave 20 of those quilts to friends and family.

It took 18 months but I finally feel like a finisher. I like to get things done, I like to give things away, make room in my tiny house. It all feels really, really good.

And that's why I've decided to kick it up a notch, to set a new goal. It is neither original nor sensible but I want to try anyway: I want to use up all my quilting stash before buying any more fabric. That's right, I'm stashbusting to the max!

I will get into the how's and why's later. For now, I'll just say that it's exciting to have this new goal. It's already sparking new ideas and making me look at my stash in a new light. And best of all, this goal goes nicely with finishing things up!

To get things started, this is my entire quilting stash as of today, not including wips:

fabric stash

Not pictured: a 10(ish?) yd bolt of Kona white and a 10 yd bolt of Nicey Jane: Hello Roses. The white bins are filled with scraps sorted by color. The bins on top of the shelves are filled with yarn and the drawers below have paper and miscellaneous things, no fabric though.

This is the only space I allow myself to keep fabric and as you can see, it's just about maxed out. And I have nowhere to put my cutting tools or rulers or anything. I'm so excited to start freeing up some space. This is going to be fun!

Comments

  1. How exciting! Good luck on this new adventure! I can't wait to see what you come up with. You have a wonderful color pallet to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'm excited to reacquaint myself with my stash, I've forgotten about quite a few prints.

      Delete
  2. That will be fun! I think the only fabric I've bought is super sale or backing fabric bc I never buy lots of yardage of anything. But I've been stash busting and have barely made a dent. I feel like you can make so many quilts with just the littlest scraps of fabric! (Like all those stars!) and still have so many scraps left! I need to seriously work on my stash as well. Before I know it, I'll be moving again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment