Two Little Toes

So, I was working away on my seawash socks but it wasn't long before the combination of tiny stitches and slightly sticky needles started to hurt my hands. Perhaps I knit too tightly, perhaps it was the hours upon hours I spent binge knitting...but whatever, they hurt. I decided to try a pair of Addi Sock Rockets to see if the super slippery nickel coating helped at all. And it did! These are my absolute favorite needles so far. The cables are soft and the needles are slippery and pointy.

And while I was trying them out, I started a new pair of socks, of course! Check it out...two little toes knit at the same time!

sock3

The yarn is Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino (KPPPM) in 306 and 704.

koigu1

Also pictured are 516 and 701. Just a heads up...701 (the purple skein on the right) looks nothing at all like it did on the website. What's up with that?

Each skein makes only one sock so I'm going to make two mis-matched pairs. I like getting to sample lots of yarn and I know I'll never get bored knitting these socks. I love the colors!

sock5

For those of you who are sick of all this knitting talk, I'll have a real quilting update soon. Hint...it's made of Liberty but it's not a Dear Jane block...

Comments

  1. lovely! i'm glad you've mastered 2 at a time and those socks will be so fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment