It's Just Like a REAL Sock!

You guys, check it out: I'm knitting socks!

seawash sock

Well, one sock...but it's my new favorite thing! When I first started knitting a few months ago I briefly thought about and then quickly dismissed the idea of knitting socks. They mostly seem fussy and difficult and I don't even wear colorful socks anyway.

But then I saw knitted socks everywhere. And they were so cute and bright and pretty and maybe I could just give them a try once and maybe I could wear them with pajamas or something.

But then I remembered how I never want to use double pointed needles ever again. No thank you, socks!

But then I saw Amanda's super cute pair of pink sock-toes and my whole world changed. You don't need to use dpn's to knit socks. And you can knit them from the toe up! And you can knit two at a time!!

Absolutely every one of my reservations fell away and I immediately bought a book, a bunch of gorgeous and super flippin' bright sock yarn, and a pair of circular needles.

sock yarn

So far I love making socks! Do you? Tell me all about it!!

Comments

  1. man I love all that yarn! Your socks are going to be amazing. I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh ... socks are my absolute favorite thing to knit. they're as simple or complex as you like, and easy to alter if you prefer a different heel or toe or lace pattern or or or, and they're fast but not TOO fast, and tremendously portable. and if you knit toe-up, you can use every bit of the skein. i hate leftovers!

    and turning the heel is magical. every time.

    i've never knit two at a time, though ... that's not my thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment