Nice(y) Fabric

My birthday is July 1 but sometimes Ian thinks it's June 1. And while he always figures it out pretty quickly, I really enjoy the "omg, it's almost June 1 and I didn't buy Crystal a gift yet!" panic on his face.

This year, though, he remembered the correct date and I found myself missing the early birthday excitement. To make up for it, I bought myself an early birthday present!

I've recently become obsessed with Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane. I'll be honest, I wasn't into Nicey Jane when it came out. It wasn't the fabric, because the fabric was lovely. It was me...I just wasn't in a pastel, vintage sheet sort of mood.

But now I am! And I bought a fat quarter pack of all the prints. And I LOVE them all so much!

nicey jane

I don't have any plans to cut them up just yet (mini American flag quilt aside)...I haven't even thought seriously about what I'd like to make. A nice summery quilt is always a good option but who knows.

For now, I'm just going to look at them and let my ideas swirl around until they settle to the bottom, like mint in a tall, cool, summery mojito.

In other fabric news, I won a humongous pile of Figgy Pudding from Jewel's Arm Candy. I was so excited to have won and I'm getting really excited to use it. I know it's winter fabric but I'm not planning to use it in a winter themed quilt. A lot of the prints will mix well with non-wintery fabrics just fine.

figgy pudding

In fact, now that my machine is making normal sized stitches again, I can get started on a mini project I've been planning for a while. More on that soon.

So, I have a question for you...did you ever not really care for (or outright dislike) a fabric line that you later came to love? Which one was it? What changed your mind?