Monday, February 27, 2017

Stashbusting - Pillowcases

Well, it's a new year and I'm back to sewing. First up on the to-do list: stashbusting! And today's stashbusting idea is my new favorite: pillowcases. So easy, so useful, so pretty! Especially with a crochet edging.

pillowcase2

Each pillowcase, depending on the finished size you're going for, takes at least a yard of fabric.

pillowcase3

I use the Posh Pillowcase tutorial which covers making the actual pillowcase and the crochet edging. (Links for the rest of the 4-part tutorial are located on the sidebar.)

pillowcase

I absolutely love how fast and easy these pillowcases are to make and how adorable they are when finished. I made 4 this weekend but I know I'm going to make more soon, some for me and some for gifts.

The cotton yarn is Baby-Bomull by Gjestal and I use a 3mm hook. If you want more pillow and crochet inspiration, check out Rose Hip. She makes the BEST crochet edge pillowcases!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! So glad to see you back on the blog and sewing.

    ReplyDelete