Crystal Hearts Ian

towel

As I was adding freshly washed tea towels to the pile the other day, I found this towel I stitched for Ian for his birthday last year. I realized that I never posted it on the blog so here you go, some spooky cross stitch on this grey May morning.

I purchased the Mysterious Halloween Town stitch pattern from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and used some of the elements for the tea towel. I knew my favorite Addams family quote would be the perfect addition.

towel2

Little Ian Frankenstein is wearing a red shirt with a black button-up and black/grey pants, a very true to life outfit! Crystal Frankenstein is wearing a teal dress and red shoes, something I would love to wear someday.

I used DMC water soluble cross stich canvas for the first time and it worked really well! I can't imagine doing cross stitch on regular fabric any other way.

In other cross stich news, I'm slowly working on Pretty Little London by Satsuma Street inspired by my upcoming trip to London. Instead of the red/yellow/blue of the pattern, I'm using colors inspired by my favorite Liberty of London print.

yarn dyeing

I know I won't finish it before my trip but it's fun to work on it a little here and there. Especially since, for me, summer will always be about cross stich.

Comments

  1. that towel is super cute! good to know that the water soluble canvas works. i still haven't finished stitching the piece i was working on to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.m.g. that towel is to die for!!! SO.CUTE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment