Robert + Steven Forever

steven

steven2

It's been a week since I found out my friend Robert passed away. As soon as I heard, I knew that I wanted to make a scarf for his partner Steven. I also knew that the scarf had to be a combination of their favorite colors.

Robert loves purple, Steven loves green. This weekend I wove their two colors together. Robert + Steven Forever.

I'm so taken with this idea, the weaving of two colors together, representing two people who have chosen to share their lives together. It's just so sweet, so simple yet meaningful.

I love how the colors work together, how they exist separately but blend at the same time. I love how the colors change when the fabric moves...sometimes one is more visible, sometimes the other. Just like a relationship...the give and take, the individual and the partnership.

This is my first completely finished scarf. I twisted the fringe by hand and it's been washed and dried...ready to give to Steven next week. I hope he likes it.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. It is a beautiful and thoughtful gift and I love how the different warp/weft colors resemble a shot cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous! I'm sure he is going to love it! So thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment