Yarn Terror!

I'm about to go to a real yarn store. If you've read my blog for a while, you know how terrifying this is for me. Last time just about killed me. Sadly, Borealis Yarn doesn't exist anymore so I have to go to another store that I've never been to before. OMG, so scary!

At least this time I feel a little more prepared. I'm looking for yarn to knit these darling hand warmers from the Purl Bee. I have a picture of the project and my shopping list all printed out. I'm prepared to ask for help in choosing a yarn. I will let them wind it into a ball if they offer. Deep breath...here I go...

Comments

  1. good luck with your trip. when i make a yarn store venture i try my hardest not to need any assistance from anyone (though i'm sure the employees would be glad to help). this is why i buy most of my yarn online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be scared, just go in pickup what you need and run like hell to the neares door. You will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow...those hand warmers are AWESOME! I wish I was stronger in my knitting capabilities. Again, I can only do square flat things...nothing else! My aunt is a serious pro knitter. It's crazy how good she is...and fast. I've tried to get tips and tricks and I just have like a mental block or something. I can do the knit and purl stitch but that's absolutely it. And it's been so long since I've done it I always forget when I try to start up again. I'm much more confident crocheting but unfortunately, I don't think it looks as pretty! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hand warmers are fabulous. I love that the yarn isn't huge and bulky. I just bought a pair from the clearance section at Target and really love them, but the yarn is very bulky and I am unable to hold a pen and write while wearing them. I know, boo hoo. Ha! But I bought them because my hands are always cold and wearing gloves makes some tasks more difficult because it makes your fingers giant clumsy vienna sausages. Hand warmers to save the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment