Catching Up

You guys, it's going to be 46 degrees today. In Minnesota! Last year we were buried under two feet of snow. This year we have just a dusting which will be gone by the end of the day. I'm not even going to wear a coat to run errands tonight. It's nearly shorts and t-shirts weather! Growing up, our house rule for wearing shorts to school was "not until it's 50 degrees". We're hardcore in Minnesota!

Anyway, all this sun and warm weather has inspired me to do some blogging. I finally got around to pulling pictures from my camera and was shocked to find projects dating back to September. Oops! Looks like it's time to play catch up, starting with this sweet bag:

London Echino Bag


After Ian and I booked our trip to London, I bought this Echino fabric with the intent to make everyone bags to commemorate our trip. Months after we got back, I made one for Ian's parents and one for his sister...a belated thank you gift for all the fun times in London.

London Echino Bag


Unfortunately, making two bags proved to be so tiring that I still haven't made one for myself.

London Echino Bag


Now that I've had a little time to think about it (5 months! haha), I think I'm going to try to make a different sort of bag for myself. I've wanted to make a smallish tote for a while now...something just big enough to carry money, phone, chapstick and my Kindle. You know, the essentials. Of course, with the large print, maybe this isn't the best fabric for that. I might have to think about it for another 5 months.

London Echino Bag


I just have to say: if you haven't used Echino cotton/linen, you really should give it a try. I know it's expensive but it's awesome stuff! It's soft, sturdy and sews up really well. It's also tightly woven and not at all springy (I hate springy linen). If another print speaks to me the way this one did, I'll definitely buy more to make bags and quilts. But I should probably finish MY bag first...