A Work in Progress

I'm working on a new Nicey Jane quilt. It's a little bitty one this time.

nicey jane quilt top

I'm going to be sad when I run out of this fabric. Of course, actually using it in quilts has made me really happy. I've been going through my stash, reacquainting myself with the fabrics at the bottom of the stacks. I even found one fabric that's on my "to buy" list. Embarrassing! And convenient.

I've been shopping mainly from my stash and I'm excited to see how many quilts I can make without buying anything new. Of course, I've recently become obsessed with crosshatch and text prints so I'll probably pick some up soon. But that's it! Well, except for solids because I run out so quickly...and I prefer them for bindings. Can't finish a quilt without a binding! Well, you can but...I'm getting off track here...

nicey jane quilt top

I've decided that since I never seem to finish anything, I'm going to start showing "in progress" pictures. I don't normally like to show people what I'm working on...I've been this way my whole life. I remember the supreme mortification of people looking at my unfinished drawings and school projects. I only wanted people to see a perfect, finished project.

nicey jane quilt top

But you guys won't judge, right? I'd like to be more open with you, to let you into my studio more often. And besides, I don't finish enough quilts to keep this blog going properly...so hopefully you'll enjoy spying on my unfinished (and maybe never-to-be-finished) projects.