The Name Game and a Bit of a Break

Happy Monday morning to you all. I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted. My birthday was actually really fun...we spent the afternoon at the King Tut exhibit at the science museum and then grilled a super fabulous dinner with friends and family. The bad news is that I was laid off on my birthday due to the Minnesota state government shutdown. I've mostly been sewing and trying not to spend money. I thought this break would increase my blogging but it had the opposite effect. I've really appreciated the time away from my work computer and haven't wanted to spend any time on my home computer.

But I'm checking in today to let you know that I've been featured on The Name Game on Cindy's blog.

The Name Game


If you ever wondered why I chose Sonnet of the Moon, now is your chance to find out. Thanks for letting me play, Cindy!

I'll be back in a day or two with a finished quilt top and some exciting news. For now it looks like I (and the other 22,000 state employees) won't be called back to work any time soon...but Ian and I are doing fine and the shutdown can't last forever. See you soon.