A Sewing Weekend

You guys, I am totally sewed out! Ian was out of town and I had a three day weekend all to myself! Friday I sewed for almost 10 hours straight. Saturday I sewed for 6 hours and then went to dinner and a movie with Karrie (Water for Elephants was really good). Then I sewed for an hour or so until bedtime. I sewed for another 10 hours on Sunday.

I pretty much did nothing but sew...I didn't even take pictures which means you get pictures of my new fabric instead. As most of you know, they're from Denyse Schmidt's new line of fabric sold exclusively at JoAnn Fabrics. I tried not to get carried away...I bought only the prints I loved.

ds quilt fabric

So, what did I sew this weekend?

First, I finished my log cabins and almost finished the top (just need to add the outer border).

Then I noticed that some of my new fabrics would match an old work in progress. I pressed the 84 blocks I'd already made, sewed the remaining 24 blocks, arranged them all on the design wall and started sewing blocks together. I have 1/3 of the top finished already.

ds quilt fabric

I made two stars for a project I'm working on with Jen. 10 stars down, 186 to go.

And last but not least, I made something that I'll show you later this week. There will be a tutorial AND a giveaway so stay tuned!

ds quilt fabric

I'm picking Ian up from the airport tonight. While I had a super fun weekend on my own, I'm definitely excited to have him home again. I took tomorrow off of work so we can hang out all day. Of course, he's a late sleeper so I'm sure I'll be able to sneak in some early morning sewing. Because I thought I was all sewed out...but looking at that fabric again reminds me that I'm really not.

Comments