Bottled Rainbows: Indigo

Today's block is one of my favorites, even though I don't usually care one way or the other about navy blue (Kona Marine). But check it out:

Bottled Rainbows: Indigo

When I started this project, I would have sworn to you that I had no navy prints in my stash. But look...I found Castle Peeps, Parisville and Modern Meadow (one of my favorite lines, by the way).

And that's what I love about this quilt along. It's been a long time since I actually looked at my stash. I have so many prints that I've sort of forgotten about. Like that Chesnut Hill print? I've had that forever but was surprised to find it in my blue stack. Or the Castle Peeps...wasn't I so excited to make a Castle Peeps quilt for myself just a few months ago?

I think it's easy to forget about the things we see every day...things that are so familiar they become part of the background. And I feel sad that my stash has become part of the background. I look at it every day, but I don't actually see it.

Bottled Rainbows: Indigo

Anyway, I'm excited to spend more time looking through my fabric, rediscovering prints I used to love but have long since forgotten. Maybe they'll even inspire a new quilt? After I finish this quilt, of course...and all the others I already have started...oh my...

Comments