Blogger's Quilt Festival, Fall 2010

I'm a little late to the Blogger's Quilt Festival this year but I hope you enjoy my entry all the same.

Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival


A few months ago I found out my friend was expecting a baby. I worried about what I would make for them...obviously it would be a quilt but what kind of quilt? What fabric? Then a shipment of Castle Peeps landed on my doorstep and it all fell into place.

Castle Peeps Quilt


Stacy and I met at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival years ago and we both share a passion for ye' olden days.

Castle Peeps Quilt


Stacy loves horses.

Castle Peeps Quilt

The nursery would be green and brown.

Castle Peeps Quilt

I love improvisational and slightly wonky log cabins.

Castle Peeps Quilt

Making this quilt was a dream from start to finish. I enjoyed every second of its construction, something I've never been able to say about a quilt before. Everything went together perfectly, the improvisational front and back turned out exactly how I envisioned them...even naming the quilt was easy.

It's called "Couchant on a Field Vert". Do you remember when Springfield Elementary had a "Medieval Faiyieyre"? Millhouse's coat of arms was a Spider-Man couchant on a field vert. Couchant means lying down and Field Vert is a green background.

Just think of a baby couchant on this quilt...sweet, right?

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and if you haven't already, please check out the rest of the amazing quilts up for display at the Blogger's Quilt Festival. And thanks to Amy for hosting it again this year!