Relaxing, Quilting

After last weekend's crazy trip up north, I'm ready for a lazy, stay at home weekend. Which is just what I'm planning...well, lazy with a side of quilting. So far my plans include: quilting and binding a few small quilts while watching lots of episodes of Alias, making homemade pizza with Ian (he doesn't know this yet but he should have guessed) and maybe a movie at the $3 theater. I've been pushing to see Alice in Wonderland while Ian resists my many arguments. We'll see who wins.

I'm also working on a secret project that I hope to finish soon. It's a set of mini quilts with a theme and I'm going to gush about it all next week.

For now, I'm just going to gush a little...about hand quilting:

mini quilt


Turns out, hand quilting mini quilts is just about the funnest thing ever. I think I mostly have the pearl cotton thread to thank. It's so smooth and hardly ever tangles. It also makes this really soft, silky sound as you sew. I still like the sharp hiss of regular cotton thread but this is much calmer, much lazier.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I hope you all have a nice weekend, lazy or otherwise!

Comments