Scraps = Distraction

So, there I was, dutifully organizing my craft supplies when I found my bins of tiny fabric scraps. These are the strips I cut when squaring up fabric or whatever. My justification for keeping these wonky, skinny, too-small-for-quilting strips is "I'll sew them to blank cards and send them to all my friends!" Yeah right...I've made exactly one fabric card and I don't know what happened to it. But I still save the pieces, just in case.

So, anyway, back to the story...I took the strips from several small boxes and put them all in one larger box. See? I organized something!

But then I got distracted. By the fabric strips. And I just bought a new pinking shears after my last one went missing. I think you can see where I'm going here.

pink scraps

Several hours later I had an actual finished thing which you'll see in my next post. Go me, right? Of course, that one box is all the organizing I did all day which was disappointing. But wait till you see what I made. It was worth it!

Oh, also, I know everyone is into green and grey now...and I can't blame them. I'm so in love with green and grey that I want to take it out to dinner...you know, to one of those fancy places that makes me have an anxiety attack. I'd do it for you, green and grey.

green and grey scraps