Hard at Work

I know it's been quiet around here but that's because I've been busy. Busy in the life sort of way but, most importantly, busy in the sewing sort of way!

I've been working on things to sell at the craft fair and I've also been working on a super secret project. And the good news is that you only have to wait a week and a half to find out what it is. I hope you'll like it...but you might not and that's ok. I won't be mad or anything (but I will secretly hope you'll change your mind after a while).

Just about the only thing I can show you right now is this half completed log cabin block:

green log cabin

Have I told you before how much I love log cabins? I just can't wait to add the next strip! And speaking of, check out the strip on the bottom...that fabric is new to my collection and part of my super secret project. It sort of feels like a stranger in my studio. I bought a lot of new fabrics lately and they all feel like strangers. Mixing this new friend with my old friends helped a little.

Do you feel this way too? That your new fabrics are strangers? You're not quite comfortable just calling them up to chat so you sort of leave them alone until you have a really good reason to pick up the phone? And what about the ones that are just too beautiful to approach? They sit on the shelves for a long time while I sneak glances at them from across the room, hoping that they don't notice me looking at them all the time.

So, yeah, that's about all I have for you and I'm sad about it but there will be more soon. Promise.

Comments