Let's all eat cake!

The invitations for the bachelorette party have all been received so I can finally show them to you:

marie antoinette shoe

I was clicking through flickr, looking for party ideas and I found this gorgeous paper and fabric shoe. Inspiration hit me hard and I knew Laura's party had to have a Marie Antoinette theme. I really should have thought of it sooner because Laura loves all things MA (especially the shoes).

I knew I had to incorporate the shoe into the party and the idea to turn it into an invitation was too fun to pass up. I purchased these boxes and lined them with scrapbook paper. I used double sided scrapbook tape because I hate waiting for glue to dry.

The shoes are made from scrapbook paper and each has a picture of Marie Antoinette, a ruffle of tissue paper, a satin bow and a filigree decoration.

marie antoinette shoe

I also found some small fabric flowers at the craft store, threaded beads on the stems and hot-glued the bouquets inside the box.

Not pictured are the little scrolls of paper I tucked inside the shoes. The scrolls contained the party information and were wrapped with another mini bouquet to keep them from unrolling. I secured the lids with a satin ribbon, wrapped the boxes in brown paper and sent them in the mail. Apparently, they didn't even get crushed in transit.

marie antoinette shoe

I made these assembly line style but it still took about six hours to make five invitations. This included a little time for trial and error so in the future, they'd be much faster to make. Still, I don't think I'd ever want to make more than a dozen for any given occasion. Maybe no more than a half dozen.

The rest of the party plans are a secret so I can't really talk about them here until after the party. Just over a week to go...I have so much left to do!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! My DD just informed me that she wants a Princess Protection Program birthday party, and we are thinking of making it a VERY exclusive 2-3 girls for a princess dinner and sleepover. This would be such a fun invitation. I am waiting with bated breath for the next installments.

    When is the big reveal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny! The party is on May 30 so I'll try to get the pictures edited and posted that Sunday or Monday. I'm so excited and I'm already imagining all the photos I can take. If only everything works out like I imagine it will...that's the tricky part.

    Good luck with your party. It souncs like a fun time. I always prefer smaller parties with good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Crystal! Absolutely beautiful! What a lot of work and effort you have put in and what a stunning result. I bet everyone receiving these will feel very special indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elaine! I usually hate making multiples of things but they were just so darn cute! Each is a little different...picking background paper was fun.

    By the way, I really will write back to you soon...I've been so swamped and I keep forgetting. But until then, you should know that there's a little something winging its way to you right now...so you should hopefully see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, presents in the post - thank you! I wonder what it is?.....:-)

    I've been meaning to set up a workspace for my sewing machine over the last week or two and I still haven't managed to get it done yet! Sometimes things/life just gets in the way:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! Those are incredibly beautiful! You're so talented and creative! *gushes* lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful and creative invitations! Can't wait for more details!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job, they are beautiful. I sure wish I had just a little
    of your talent. Someone is very lucky to have such a friend as you.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment