And now, for my second project update of the day…I spent the weekend working on this new quilt top:
I’m so happy with how it’s turning out! Can you see it? I cut up my treasured Freshcut fabric and actually used it. As most of you could have guessed, when I said I would wait to make a zig zag quilt, I was lying to myself.
And aren’t you glad I was? Just look at these bright colors all working so well together. I also added a little Amy Butler fabric because the green was a perfect match. And speaking of perfect matches, check out the zig zag corners:
They’re perfect because I’m not using triangles! I can never get triangle points to work out perfectly. I had to modify this tutorial a little bit because I wanted to make my zig-zags larger. They finish at 4” wide which makes each block a finished size of 8”. Also, I wanted to use a different fabric in every row so I had to figure out how many blocks of each fabric pair to make. I used six blocks of each.
Also, I thought about how I wanted to treat the directional fabrics and through careful cutting and then paying attention while I sewed, I managed to keep them going the same direction.
Anyway, this new quilt actually figures into my grand studio plans. I’ll explain it when I post the “before” pictures of the studio, hopefully tomorrow.