Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Vacation, hotel life.

Alright, as promised, a recap of my trip.

First, we stayed at the Occidental Grand Cozumel which had two pools and the most wonderful beach.

Most days went like this:
-6:30 - wake up, shower
-8:00 - buffet breakfast
-9:00 - head to the beach
From Cozumel, Mexico 2008

-9:05 - claim a canopy bed
From Cozumel, Mexico 2008

-9:10 - enjoy the view
From Cozumel, Mexico 2008

-10:00 - take the Hobie Cat out for a sail
-11:00 - snorkle (I saw a barracuda!)
-12:00 - buffet lunch
From Cozumel, Mexico 2008

-1:00 - back to the beach
From Cozumel, Mexico 2008

-2:00 - hang out by the pool
From Cozumel, Mexico 2008

-3:00 - relax in the shade
From Cozumel, Mexico 2008

-5:00 - sunset and back to the hotel…sand flees come out after dark!
-5:15 - shower
-5:30 - read or nap
-6:30 - buffet dinner (so much food!)
-8:00 - back to the hotel for bed
*or*
-9:00 - watch various performances in the courtyard (including a fiesta one night where I won a hat in a game of darts)
-10:00 - shower (sand and sunblock, the banes of my existence!)
-10:30 - bed

Up next, various adventures outside of the hotel!

2 comments:

  1. oh fabulous! thank you for the first photos. you got up mighty early every day!
    sand fleas, ouh. i'd leave then, too :) and those canopies! pretty, pretty. more, please. if you can tear yourself away from edward for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. It turns out that Cozumel is in the same time zone as Minnesota and since I wake up around 6:30 for work every day, that's when my body wanted to wake up in Mexico. It wasn't bad, though. I'm definitely a morning person and there was more to do at the hotel in the mornings than at night.

    Oh man, Edward. I feel weird when I go too long without reading more of my book. It's pretty sad, actually.

    I'll have the rest of the trip posted today. :)

    ReplyDelete