It's good to be back!

I’m experiencing a lot of feelings today. So many different feelings that I’m having a hard time sorting them out.

First, I feel happy and relaxed. I had a wonderful trip filled with wonderful adventures. I’m also very happy to be home. I’ll do a proper vacation post once I can sort out some pictures.

Second, I feel conflicted. Conflicted because I have a new love. Conflicted because I want to spend every waking second with my new love. Conflicted because my new love is a fictional character in a very popular book that I promised myself I wouldn’t read. Yes, it’s true, I’ve succumbed to Twilight fever. There was a lot of downtime on my vacation and my friend Karrie lent me the first two books right before I left and, well, I finished the second book just last night. I’m completely and utterly hooked. I’m also completely and utterly in love with Edward. My heart is filled with unconditional and unrequited love…it hurts and yet it is the most delicious pain I’ve ever felt. How’s that for dramatic? I haven’t had the heart to tell my boyfriend yet. He’s going to make fun of me which will hurt my poor heart even more.

Third, I feel overwhelmed. I thought I’d come back and everything would be calm but I should have remembered that coming back from a vacation is never calm. My goals for this week include organizing the sewing room (which pretty much exploded the week before I left) and cleaning my bedroom (how on earth do I have so much stuff and why does it all end up in there?) I’d like to exercise every day and start (and hopefully finish) a quilt that I can use to write up a tutorial here. I also have to help my brother finish a costume tonight which means I get my beloved sewing machine back. I also have to finish a holiday gift that didn’t get done in time. Add to this my obsessive reading (I bought the third Twilight book last night so I wouldn’t have to be parted from my dear Edward for any amount of time) and I’ve got quite a full week. I’m excited to get started but I’m also overwhelmed.

Fourth, I feel sad. I miss my boyfriend terribly. He’s been in California since December 18 and won’t be back until January 6. Also, I miss my friends and don’t know if I’ll have time to see them this week (or if they’ll have time to see me). Also, I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen to Edward in the next book and I can already feel the heartache. Also, I’m back at work which is self explanatory.

Anyway, despite all these feelings, I’m mostly just happy to be back. I’ll have some pictures ready to show you later today.

Comments

  1. Ok I wasn't going to read Twilight either and then my friends said, "But you HAVE to!" I tried to explain that I was 30 and this wasn't really meant for me to read but I eventually gave in. I read all 4 books in 6 days. I did absolutely nothing but read...I even snuck the books into work...it was awful!!! I'm curious to see what you think of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! A kindred spirit! I felt the same way...I'm 27 and didn't really feel the need to jump on the teenage romance novel bandwagon.

    But I'm so happy I did! These books are awakening the romantic I once was, before real life got in the way. I'm not sure this is a good thing but I'm remembering just how possible this sort of love was in high school. How excited and hopeful I used to feel. It's such a nice feeling to remember.

    Romance aside, how fun is the vampire/werewolf action? I went through a huge Anne Rice phase in high school so this is extra fun!

    I'd like to wait to see the movie until after I finish the books. I'd be devastated if the film Edward didn't live up to my fantasies and then changed the way I felt about the book Edward while I was still reading the books. I'm sure it'll still be in the theaters in a week or so which is when I'll be finished. Or it'll be at the dollar theater down the road in a couple of months.

    What did you think of the movie? Give me a heads up...will I be disappointed by movie Edward?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definately finish the books BEFORE you see the movie. And I think you'll be devistated by the movie Edward...at least I was. Of course this is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice. I figured movie Edward could never live up to book Edward.

    I know my expectations are probably pretty unrealistic so I won't get my hopes up...but I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie in one way or another.

    How am I going to get anything done this week when I want to be reading every second of the day? Having obsessions is really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Movie Edward is all about a ridiculous hairdo. Although, I do think that RPattz is pretty cute, when he's not interviewing for Twilight. Gods! It seems the boy doesn't know what personal Hygiene is!

    So many people were disappointed by the movie, and overall I thought it was good. But, you must go into it thinking it's going to blow nuts and have low expectations, I think. But you know that the movie NEVER does the book it's based upon justice.

    So, that being said, I know you aren't heavy into music, but I do want to know what you think of the music in the restaurant scene when you see the movie.

    I love the whole soundtrack, but I'm down with the Soundtracks. They are my favorite albums to buy. I'm glad you had fun on your trip and that you succumbed to Twilight! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment