It's the time of the season...

Pop Garden bow

I’m ready for the holidays to be over. I’m not trying to be a Grinch…it’s just that I’m not religious, I have no reason/desire to decorate my house and I’m sick of working on holiday gifts because I picked things that I thought would be easy to make but nothing I pick is ever easy to make because I’m cursed!

If only Thanksgiving was the end of the holiday season instead of the beginning. Or better yet, what if Thanksgiving was followed by…I don’t know…picnic season? I’m already planning this year’s picnic blanket, are you? Because every year it’s the same story…you think you have plenty of time to prepare for picnic season but it sort of sneaks up on you and suddenly it’s September and you haven’t picnicked at all! Don’t let it happen again this year!

How about this blanket with large squares and pockets in the corners for rocks (to keep the wind from blowing it around)? Or this one with bright red ties? Or this one because how could you not want this one?

Sigh…I wish it really was picnic season.

Tonight I need to finish preparing projects to take to the cabin this weekend and also finish the front of the Pacman pillow. If I can do this and pack some clothes for the weekend, I’ll be in good shape. I’m going to try really hard not to pick out fabrics for my picnic quilt.

Comments

  1. I missed picnic season again!

    I think that for a Christmas present for my sister in law, I'm going to make her a picnic blanket and tote to carry it in.

    So there.

    :)


    OHMYGOD I HAVE THE PERFECT FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I only picnicked once this year. And you none! How sad!!

    But a picnic blanket and tote set for your sister in law? That's a fantastic idea! She'll be so prepared for picnic season this year! Do you live close enough to go with her?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment