Cabin Fever


This quilt (finished March 2017) is 100% inspired by this insanely beautiful quilt by Completely Cauchy. I started piecing this way back in February 2011!


I loved working on this quilt but it took forever to complete each block. I started by piecing strips of red/pink/orange fabrics together until I got the length I needed. Then I cut that piece into 2.5" wide strips. I'd get a couple of logs from each panel of fabric which saved a lot of time. Any leftover skinny logs got pieced together with other skinny logs until they measured 2.5" wide.


When I pulled this quilt out again, I was mostly just interested in finishing it up and finding it a good home (meaning, I didn't want to piece too many more blocks). I finished piecing just enough blocks to make a 70"x70" top. I thought a rectangle would be a more useful shape so I added some improv-pieced borders on the top and bottom.


The back is pieced with lots of fun prints that have been in my stash forever. I love how they make this quilt even brighter and busier! A bit of diamond quilting and striped bias binding and then it was off to its new home where it's used everyday as a snuggly couch quilt.

Comments