2017 in Review

Hello 2018 and hello friends! Blog-wise 2017 was a quiet year but in reality it was very busy.

My friend Jen visited for a weekend this spring. It was SO good to see her again and it was so much fun to have a friend to quilt with all day. The rest of her visit was fun too but after she left, the studio felt empty. I wish I had some sewing friends nearby.

Ian and I went on a trip to England and Scotland and walked Hadrian's Wall Path. Actually, we walked the entire way coast to coast which added a few miles to our total...we estimated 100 miles over 7 days. We saw three plays at the Globe Theater during our three days in London and visited a real Scottish Loch!


We had some sadness in 2017. Our beloved Vector-cat passed away in August. It was sudden and unexpected but we don't think he suffered. If I can be honest, this was and continues to be the saddest time of my life. I'm still angry and hurt and confused and most of all, I miss my dear, dear friend. But, every day my heart heals just a tiny bit.


I finally (finally!) took a class at the North House Folk School in Grand Marais, MN. The class was really fun (felted rugs) but what I loved most was the quiet campus and sense of community. I'd love to go back again.



I also spent a lot of time quilting, starting some new projects and finishing up old ones. 2017 quilt totals are as follows:

9 quilts started or worked on but didn't finish
1 quilt that I finally photographed and gave away even though I finished it ages ago
21 finished quilts (gave away 18, kept two and have one left to give away eventually)

Last year I only got around to posting three finished quilts which means I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll try to post once or twice a week until I get through them all. But first, I'll likely write a post about my 2018 goals. See you soon!

Comments

  1. It's so great to have you back! I have missed your blog posts. So sorry to hear of the passing of your cat. They sure are family. My friend Charisma also went to England and walked that path about a week before you did. I am hoping to take my son to England for a college graduation gift next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'm so happy to be back. Thanks for the kind words. Did your friend enjoy the walk? I thought it was really hard but that's because I've never done anything like that before. You should definitely go to England! There's tons of stuff to do in London and you can take trains anywhere else you want to go. It's so easy to get around and it's such a beautiful country. Can't wait to hear your adventures!

      Delete
    2. Hi Crystal
      I believe she did have a good time. You can read about some of her adventures on her blog-Charismas Corner. I think she went the week before you did.

      Delete

Post a Comment