Bon Voyage!

Bon Voyage Quilt

Bon Voyage! is my last finished quilt of 2015. Since Ian and I have been together, we've taken quite a few vacations with his parents and sister. My favorites have been our trips to Italy, Switzerland and England. This summer we're planning another trip to London with a jaunt down to Paris!

england quilt5

england quilt6

I wanted to commemorate all the wonderful times we've shared on our trips together and a quilt seemed like the perfect thing. The Granny Square blocks were really fun to make and I had a great time choosing fabrics that reminded me of our trips (and future trips). There are Buckingham Palace guards and maps of Paris, kerchief girls and keys, Eiffel Towers and lovely scrolling handwriting.

england quilt4

england quilt7

The colors were inspired by some of my favorite places. Bright red, dusty blue/green, cream and black...this combo is definitely one I'd like to use again!

phone booth

venice4

venice2

I know I say this about every quilt but this is absolutely one of my favorites. The colors and the fabrics, the pattern and the memories work together to make this a quilt I'm very proud to have made. I definitely wanted to keep this for myself but I'm glad I gave it to Ian's parents. At least I'll be able to see it again when we take our next trip to California.

Comments

  1. I absolutely love this one. great colors and prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is FABULOUS! I love it so much!!! love the colors, love the pattern. I want to make a Granny Square quilt. I love the pattern. Someday…..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment