A Strawberry Bag!!

bag3

bag4

bag

bag2

rainbow

rainbow3

rainbow2

Last week was a good week. I ordered another project bag from Sara at knottygnome crafts...this time in a Heather Ross strawberry print that I've wanted forever. I have three of these bags now. They are my ultimate favorite bags for my knitting projects.

This time I tried Sara's "Deluxe 2-skein Zippered Project Clutch". It's basically the same as her regular project bag but with some extras. There's a detachable wrist strap, a lobster claw zipper pull that's also a progress marker and two pockets inside the bag: one slip pocket and one zippered pocket.

I'm not usually an extras sort of girl but I have to say, these are all really great additions, especially if you carry your projects around town like I do. The deluxe bags cost a little more but they are well worth it! I'm only disappointed that I missed out on ALL of her Halloween themed bags...those sold out super fast!

Also, I'm participating in Sara's handspun knit-along on Ravelry and you guys will never believe what happened. I actually won a prize! It's a skein of her handspun rainbow yarn and it's so, so pretty! I was prepared to NOT win this yarn and yet I obsessed about it the entire week of the giveaway. I wanted to know what it looked like in person, what colors were in it, what it would look like wound into a ball, what it would look like knit up.

And then I won it! I couldn't believe it! I'm currently looking for just the right pattern. I have NO idea how I'm going to use it, not even what type of garment to make. If you have any ideas, let me know! For now, I'm just going to look at it and be happy.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much, Crystal! You managed to get a good shot of the bag interior, which I've never been able to do. btw, I will have more Halloween bags in every update through October so you'll have plenty more chances. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment