Nicey Olivia

Olivia's second gift for Christmas this year was a quilt...of course!

Olivia's Nicey Jane Quilt

It was inspired by Blue Elephant Stitches 16-patch quilt. I was in London, perusing blogs, as you do, when I saw this quilt. And it was so gorgeous that it was all I could think about! I was all "Ian, look at this quilt!" And he was all "Stop reading blogs, we're in London!" And I was all "I wish I had my sewing machine right now...I wish we could go home right now." And he was all "Oh my god, you're so annoying!"

Olivia's Nicey Jane Quilt

Anyway, I got my chance soon enough. While mine is not as exciting as Jolene's quilt (Come on! Did you see those fabrics?), I think it works alright with Nicey Jane (and friends).

Each block is made up of 16 2" squares and the finished quilt measures a tiny 32" x 40". The back is Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market Flannel, the Dahlia print in Spring.

Olivia's Nicey Jane Quilt

Olivia lives in California so I skipped the batting. I absolutely love the flannel backing/no batting combination. It makes for a really nice drape...something that's important when wrapping up a bitty baby.

Olivia's Nicey Jane Quilt

What I love most about this quilt are the bright colors all mashed together. It's so busy and colorful. I was originally planning to make Olivia a blue quilt because Heather's favorite color is blue. But then I found out that Olivia (Heather!) loves pink now...so that's what she got.

I have plans to make more tiny square quilts in the near future. I'm currently obsessed with one in particular...but I shouldn't start another new quilt. Right? Of course, maybe just one block wouldn't hurt. Right?