The Man Behind the Quilt

I was going to write an entirely different post today but then I stumbled on some pictures that changed my mind.

Today I want to introduce you to the man behind the quilt...my steady beau: Ian.

ian


Ian and I have been together almost 7 years. He knew me before I was a quilter. He stayed with me even after I became a quilter.

Ian is super cool. He's so easygoing which, if I'm being honest here, is probably why he hasn't dumped me yet. He can always be counted on to hold my quilts, even when he knows the conversation will go like this:

"I can see your body, hold it out more."

"Pivot to the left. No! I mean the other left."

"Don't let it touch the ground!"

"That corner is flapping over, hold it out more."

"Pivot to the right. No! The other right."

"That's fine...I guess."

ian

Ian helps me pick out fabrics for quilts sometimes. I usually go with the one he doesn't choose. If I ask "do you like this?" and he says "not really", I know I'm on the right track. He and I are nearly perfect opposites in all things that really don't matter very much. Basically, the three things we agree on are: religion, politics and that David Bowie was awesome in Labyrinth.

Before he moved in with me last year, I joked that we'd stay up all night talking about fabric and quilts and Twilight. And we sort of have. And when I say "we", I mean I talk and he listens...because he's nice like that.

ian


He finds it hard to articulate his thoughts about quilts but this much I know: Ian likes fussy cutting. He dislikes appliqué. If he had a quilt blog, he'd call it: Ain't Misbequiltin'.

Most of all, I just wanted you to know that he has claimed this quilt for his side of the bed:

Nicey Jane Quilt

And this pillowcase:

crochet edge pillowcase

Don't be jealous, ladies!