Where the Man Goes, the Lady Must Follow

I haven't been sewing much lately. I find it hard to balance multiple interests...and lately, other things are taking the place of sewing. Like, for the first two weeks of January, every spare moment went to reading The Hunger Games. The entire trilogy. It was pretty much the best two weeks ever. Except for the month it took me to read all the Twilight books...that was the best month ever. I am not ashamed.

The other thing taking up a lot of time and brain-space is ballroom dancing. In addition to our Wednesday ballet class, Karrie and I now spend Saturday afternoons twirling and dancing to our heart's content. I'm pretty much obsessed with it.

Right now we're learning the Rumba...the dance of love! The students range from beginners to national champions. I feel extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from these talented dancers and I know I'm improving because of it.

And I very much want to do well, to improve, to impress them. I do so long for people to tell me I'm awesome! Not that I need to be told I'm awesome...because I already know that. I just like to hear it out loud...from cute guys...who dance like this:



But as awesome as I am, I know I have a long way to go. A looooong way. Not that I want to be a professional ballroom dancer...I just want to learn enough to have fun social dancing. And then I want to actually go out social dancing. That part will be trickier.

As a result of all this, I want to spend more time exercising and eating better. I've been eating as vegan as possible for a few months now and I really love it. Here's my favorite vegan recipe...we add chickpeas and frozen peas if we have them. I want to eat this every day! The exercise portion remains a constant struggle...but at least I'm trying.

Anyway, before I sign off, I just have to ask: are there any ballroom dancers reading my blog? If so, I want to know all about it!