Autumn in Paris

You guys! Guess what came in the mail yesterday. A mini quilt from my dear friend Jen! Can you believe this?

parisville mini quilt

It has all my favorite things...lots of white:

parisville mini quilt

tiny pieces (the 9-patches finish at 1.5"):

parisville mini quilt

Parisville (and in my favorite colorway):

parisville mini quilt

and above all: hand quilting!

parisville mini quilt

And if this wasn't enough, Jen said she's making me a year of mini quilts: one mini quilt every month. I'm pretty much the luckiest girl in the world! Actually, I'm already the luckiest girl in the world because Jen and I are great friends and pen pals...the real paper kind!

I don't have any non-blog friends who like to quilt so it's been such a joy to have someone to talk to about fabric, pretty much non-stop. And other important things, of course.

parisville mini quilt

The quilt is hanging on a random nail in my studio right now but I'll find a better home for it this weekend. It looks good on pretty much every wall...how am I going to choose?! Thanks again, Jen!