Work in Progress: Studio

Every fall I get that "going back to school" feeling. Since I'm not in school and can't get it out of my system by color coordinating my folders, notebooks and book covers...I clean the house. Well, only the fun rooms. Like my studio!

my studio (2011)

This is where I keep my stash. I just ordered some solids and a few prints that were on sale and they're supposed to arrive today. I have no idea where I'll put them. This is why I'm trying to shop only from my stash.

I keep my scraps in bins sorted by color. My painting table is tucked behind this shelf...it may or may not have lots of unfinished quilts piled on it.

Where I keep all my fabric scraps

Did you catch a glimpse of my two "helpers" in the first picture? Here is Vector. There's a chair by my sewing machine and he likes to sleep in it while I sew. He and I are the only ones in the house who like to curl up in quilts.

vector

This is Bitty Cat. Ian calls her Extra because she's the extra cat. She also goes by New Cat and Little B. I'm not really into naming animals. I tried, I really did...but as Mr. Bluefin, Mr. Redfin and Mr. Bluefin II (my childhood beta fish) can tell you...I'm just never going to be good at coming up with creative names. Little B is so tiny compared to our two boy cats...so, there you go...

bitty cat

She steals my seam ripper all the time. And she's always blurry because she does not stop moving!

There's one side of the room left to show you but there are a few spots that need to be organized first. Not that this is a very special part of the room (I prefer the side with the fabric!) but you know...it's where the sewing machine lives so you might want to see that too.