A Birthday Quilt

Last June I bought a full fat quarter set of Nicey Jane prints as an early birthday present for myself. This year's early birthday present is a finished (mostly Nicey Jane) quilt:

Nicey Jane Quilt


It's backed with flannel but has no batting. I wanted a lightweight summer quilt and the combination of flannel and quilting cotton is perfect. Although Ian thinks the front is wimpy (his word to describe pastels), he's excited (as exited as he gets about quilts, which is not really all that excited) to use this quilt on our bed. I usually insist on having a few quilts on the bed at all times and he's been quite annoyed with me now that it's summer. Poor Ian...I think he fears that one day he'll suffocate under a stack of quilts.

Nicey Jane Quilt

This quilt is 60"x90" and is made up of 10" (finished) squares. It's also bound entirely by machine because I wanted it done!

Nicey Jane Quilt

I'm planning to host a birthday barbecue/picnic at my house on Friday night. I can't decide if I'm sad or indifferent about turning 30. Age is just a number so perhaps I'm indifferent... and yet, my 20's were really good to me. I will miss being 20-something. But maybe I'll enjoy being 30-something. I guess I won't know until I give it a try.

Nicey Jane Quilt