Stress and Sewing

It's officially spring in Minnesota! It was 90 degrees one day and 34 the next. We're finally going to plant the garden tomorrow...unless we have frost again tonight. It's the middle of May, it could still happen.

It's also our busy time at work which means I'm stressed and worn out by the time I get home every night.

pink

Every night I leave work with the best of sewing intentions. And then I get home and have no energy for sewing which is sad.

orange

And then I remembered I still had some hand quilting left on my Bottled Rainbows quilt. It really doesn't take much energy to sit on the couch and stitch. More than that, my tired mind is refreshed by these beautiful colors!

yellow

For me, these tiny crinkles are the antidote to a stressful day. What's yours?

Comments