Catching Up

I can't believe it's been three weeks since my last post. A lot of things have happened since I finished my Bottled Rainbows quilt:

-I made lots of HST (orange and turquoise, omg!)

-finished the top for a secret quilt.

-went up north to visit my parents.

-went to the funeral of an old family friend.

-cleaned/organized the studio.

-went shopping for jeans...I hate shopping for jeans!

-started an 8 week ballet class and bought real ballerina clothes! Only three lessons so far but we're pretty awesome already!

-watched all the snow melt. Finally!

-did some gardening, mostly raking and tree-trimming.

-had to give baby-cat back to her real mom (my grandma came back from her winter vacation in Arizona)

Bottled Rainbows Quilt

-baby-cat was running outside at grandma's house and almost got eaten by a hawk!

-Grandma was scared so she sent baby-cat to live with us forever! Now she is mine to cuddle all the time!

nicey jane vs cat

-saw a few movies ("Paul" and "The Adjustment Bureau"...both were good!)

-had our monthly book club (Water for Elephants)

-started two new books (The Red Tent for book-club and Machine of Death for fun)

-did you know that season 3 of Robin Hood is available for streaming on Netflix?

-started a log cabin quilt for my bed (inspired by this quilt, of course). I'll have a few pictures to show you tomorrow.

Anyway, I feel a little aimless, quilting-wise. I'm working on a few projects but none have deadlines. All of them require white fabric, though...so I really should order more soon.

Ian and I are planning to do a lot of gardening in the next few weeks...I'm not really "into" gardening but I'm willing to give it a try. Anyway, I expect to be blogging more often now that I can actually take photos outside. That's one of the main reasons I don't blog much in the winter. Stupid winter...