Bottled Rainbows

As I was sitting on the couch the other night, watching tv and hand quilting (OMG, hand quilting!), Ian asked me why I was in such a hurry to finish this quilt.

Bottled Rainbows: Eggplant
(Eggplant block using Kona Dark Violet and scraps from Jen and Cindy)


And I had to think about it a minute because I didn't feel like I was in a hurry to finish it. But given my normal plodding pace, this is definitely hurrying.

Bottled Rainbows: Eggplant

And I wondered why I was, in fact, in such a hurry. Considering the usual and unusual trouble I had making this quilt, you'd think I was hurrying just to get it over and done with.

Bottled Rainbows: Ocean
(Ocean block using Kona Hyacinth and scraps from Cindy and Daisy)


But I felt quite the opposite, actually. I hurried because I enjoyed the entire process. Yes, there were times when 16 blocks felt like a lot of blocks. And then I had issues with the front and back not playing nicely. And then my sewing machine had tension issues and ruined all the quilting I'd done.

Bottled Rainbows: Ocean
(This is closer to the right color blue.)


And yet, not one of the above phased me one bit. I never once felt frustrated enough to quit. Instead, I felt excited to find a solution and move on. It was weird but awesome! I hope to have more quilting experiences like this in the future.

Bottled Rainbows: Raspberry
(Raspberry block using Kona Pomegranate and scraps from Jen)


So anyway, I've saved my favorite block for last and I'll post it tomorrow. And then finished quilt pictures on Monday! Exciting!

Comments