Bottled Rainbows: Mustard

I think you guys are really going to like today's Bottled Rainbows block...unless you hate yellow and/or selvages.

Bottled Rainbows: Mustard

I'm not a huge yellow fan in general but there's just something so wonderful about a yellow quilt block. My Kona color card says this is Corn Yellow although I bought it a few years ago to make Pacman pillows...so to me it's Pacman Yellow.

I had a fun time picking scraps for this block because they were just so cheery! Then I got to the last space and couldn't decide which fabric to use. None of them really felt right to balance the block. Then I thought "I should use selvages!"...so I did.

Bottled Rainbows: Mustard

I've been saving all my selvages to make a quilt but I have no idea what design to use. While I super love diamonds and spiderwebs, I'd like to do something a little different. When I first saw this selvage star I thought "that's it! I want to do that!" Of course, I quickly had to admit to myself that I'd never make more than one section of the star before quitting. So, it's back to square one for me.

Bottled Rainbows: Mustard

I don't know...do you have any suggestions? Do you have a favorite selvage quilt or have you made one? I'd love to check them out if you post a link in the comments.

Comments