Create Something, Anything

For the first time in months, the sun is out. There's even a hearty blue sky! It's absolutely amazing how different I feel now that the light has changed. It feels like spring is just around the corner...even though I know we still have a few months left.

And so, after the dreariest, snowiest two months ever, I'm finally feeling inspired. I'm so ready to create and sew and blog again. And I just happened to stumble on the perfect way to do all three. I first read on KarrieLyne's blog that Kelly from Thinking Out Loud is challenging herself (and everyone) to make something, anything, every day for the month of February.

And that actually sounds like fun. Which is weird because almost nothing has felt like much fun lately. But the sun is out and I just can't help but feel excited about sewing. And I can't help but feel excited about re-joining the blogging world. I really missed it while I was all sad in my house doing nothing.

I'll try to post something every day, even if it's just a little something. Because even little things add up to big things after a while.

So, here we go! I spent the first two days of February sewing together some pink, red and orange scraps.

scraps

The inspiration for this quilt is here...I'll wait until you get back because you need to see this quilt.

I'm planning to do something similar but with a limited color palette. And as much as I feel like a jerk for copying this quilt, well, I just can't help it. I'm in LOVE! Tiny scraps, improvisational piecing, squares in squares and to top it all off...nice and straight lines with no pinning at the seams. Perfection!

scraps

If you haven't already, you should definitely check out the rest of Completely Cauchy's blog...her quilts are so inspiring and I hope you find them inspiring as well.

I have my book club tonight but afterwards, I'm going to try to finish up a block to show you tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Comments