Finished Table Runner!

I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that I finished the table runner on Thursday night...before midnight even!

wonky star table runner

I know I said these stars took a long time...but now that I think about it, I'm not sure they actually did. I barely measured anything, I didn't use pins and I didn't worry if my seams lined up or not. If I'd gone with any other sort of block, one that required careful cutting and measuring and pressing, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have finished on time.

wonky star table runner

And, since this project was fun and not especially stressful, I actually feel like making more wonky stars, this time in fabrics that are more "me". Because they're just so freaking cute! And I hate pinning seams.

Since I was running out of time, I decided to bind this entirely by machine. I don't like how the stitching is visible on the front but maybe it'll disappear once it's washed and dried?

wonky star table runner

Or maybe next time I'll put the binding on "backwards" because the stitching on the back actually looks pretty neat.

wonky star table runner

Of course, none of that really mattered because my mom chose to display the "back" of the table runner. Sigh...all those stars...

wonky star table runner

It finished at 13" x 60" and I gave loopy quilting another try. I can't believe I'm actually getting better at free motion quilting. I thought it'd never happen!

wonky star table runner

Anyway, this is my last finish for 2010. I have big quilting plans for 2011 so stay tuned!