Meet Gigi!

My new bike

She is my new best friend!

My new bike

Ian doesn't have a car so he bikes almost everywhere. With him moving in, I thought it would be fun for us to both have bikes so we could bike together.

My new bike

When I started looking for bikes, I had no idea something so beautiful existed. I'd say to Ian "My bike is so cute, it has fenders and big handlebars!" and he'd say "you don't have a bike." He was right, I didn't have her yet, but she was mine all the same...I just hadn't found her yet.

My new bike

I told him "I'll know her when I see her."

My new bike

And that's exactly what happened.

My new bike

You have no idea just how much I love her. She's not only retro and beautiful, she's also so, so comfy! I could ride for hours on this squishy, springy seat.

My new bike

Ian and I are planning to take our bikes to the grocery store and the library and the coffee shop. I wonder if there's an apple orchard nearby...wouldn't this be the perfect bike to ride to the apple orchard?

My new bike

I bought a basket to put on the back...it's going to be so perfect for carrying baguettes from the store and apples from the orchard. I'll post pictures after I sew a matching basket liner.

It's hard to put into words just how happy I am. I can show you, though. This is exactly what Ian and I will look like on our bikes. My heart is filled with happiness!