Easy Jewelry Refashion

My cousin is getting married this weekend and I'm super excited! Unfortunately, I had a little freak-out a few days ago when I realized all my standby dresses (like, all two of them) were stupid and I couldn't possibly wear them to the wedding. You know how that sometimes happens.

At first I was frustrated by the new fashions ("tribal" print baby-doll dresses are not really my style, you know?) but then I found this flippin' sweet dress on the clearance rack for only $20 (it was missing the belt). I bought a dark teal shrug and decided to go all out and buy some matching jewelry (I'm not a jewelry person so this truly is "going all out" in my world). The only teal jewelry in the store was this necklace:

necklace before

It's really long and sort of busy and I really wanted a simple strand of beads to compliment the 1950's look of the dress. You know where this is going, don't you? From one not-quite-right $15 necklace, I made a perfect necklace, bracelet and earring set.

refashioned after

Fun, right? In case you've never tried a jewelry refashion, I just wanted to tell you how easy it is. Use a needle-nose pliers to open the links and rearrange your beads. My necklace already had a clasp but I needed another one for the bracelet. Luckily I had an extra in my stash along with the earring hooks. I buy all my jewelry supplies from Fire Mountain Gems.

Anyway, that's it for now...If I get any, I'll share pictures from the wedding early next week.