More Finishes

I finally finished some real quilts, albeit little quilts. Of course, the babies who received them are already 2 and 4 months old...but better late than never, right?

First, another mermaid quilt...this time in pink!

Elsa's Quilt


I can't get enough of this magenta Mendocino. I mean, I wasn't really into it at first, I was much more excited about the aqua colorway...but now the pink is my favorite!

Elsa's Quilt


And then I finished up this little blue/green/brown quilt:

Audrey's Quilt


This one was so fun to make. I picked a bunch of Meadowsweet and coordinating fabrics from my shelves and just started cutting. I also happened to have the perfect brown and blue solids in my stash. It all came together like it was meant to be.

Audrey's Quilt


I had originally planned to free-motion quilt this using the large flowers on the back as a guide. But then I couldn't find my free-motion foot so I went with wavy lines instead. I actually like this quilting a lot, even though it wasn't my first choice.

Audrey's Quilt

So, there you go...some real quilt finishes for 2010. And hopefully there will be a few more soon!