Petal Power

Today feels particularly magnificent, wouldn't you agree? I'm feeling so optimistic, so light! I think it has something to do with the fact that Spring is 100% here. And for Minnesota, that's really saying something! My backyard smells like crab-apple blossoms.

Crab Apple Blossoms

And soon it'll smell like lilacs.

Lilacs

The thing about these lilacs is that they haven't bloomed in years. The chlorine water from our above ground swimming pool all but ruined these beautiful bushes. Thankfully the pool is gone and slowly but surely, the lilacs are coming back. Nature...how cool is that?

Lilacs

Another reason I'm so happy is that we're one block shy of finishing Round 2 over at Modify Tradition. These blocks and projects have taken up so much of my time and creativity and I'm so happy to get back to doing my own projects. Not that Round 2 didn't teach me a thing or two, especially the projects. Not only did I need to find inspiration, design and make everything myself, I had to pick coordinating fabrics (this took so long!) and write tutorials that were (hopefully) clear and easy to follow. And most of them were things I'd never made before!

Crab Apple Blossoms

I'm a better and more confident designer and crafter for all that work...and it also made me realize that I don't want to make bags and aprons for a living. No offence, bags and aprons...you know I love you, it's just that I'm not IN love with you. You can understand that, right?

Crab Apple Blossoms

I have one last Mod project to finish (for this coming Tuesday) and I should have it done tonight or early tomorrow morning. And what sweet relief that will be!

Remember when I said I had to finish all those things by the end of April? Well, that's just not going to happen. And for the first time in pretty much ever, that's ok. Because they were my own deadlines and there's no point stressing out over things that need not be stressful. I've made very good progress and I'm pleased with what I've accomplished so far. And that's what matters to me right now.

I know I'll get the urge to finish things up again soon but for now I'm just going to enjoy the inspiring feeling of possibility...no to-do lists, no deadlines. Just projects as light and airy as flower petals and timelines as insubstantial as a softly scented breeze.

Crab Apple Blossoms