Finished Tree Skirt

I can't tell you how relieved I am that this tree skirt is finished:

quilted tree skirt front

We're hosting our family holiday party next Saturday and this and the tree are the only decorating I'm planning to do. But you know how I like to wait until the last minute...I fully expected to be working on this tree skirt up until the morning of the 19th.

I used Crazy Mom Quilts tutorial but modified it just a little. My blocks are each 8.5" unfinished and I made 22 instead of 15. I really wish I'd made two more to go where the opening is, there's just too much white there and it looks unfinished.

It's reversible even though I'll probably never use this side because the front took way more work which makes me feel like it should always be on display:

tree skirt back

I tried 100% machine binding for the first time and it went pretty well. It's definitely sturdier and will last much longer, I think. It was also very fast.

The finished size is about 40"x40" which just fits under my larger-than-I-thought-it-would-be fake white tree. We're decorating with green and red ornaments (very original, I know). It was all part of the plan, though...I wanted to use this red/green fabric for the tree skirt so red/green ornaments only made sense:

quilted tree skirt

So, how about you? Are you making any holiday decorations this year? If so, feel free to link so we can all see!