Mystery mail

One time I knitted a dishcloth and it took me eight hours. So, you can imagine my delight when I opened a mystery package the other day and found these inside:

knitted dishcloths from jane

Six knitted dishcloths from my friend J!

knitted dishcloths from jane

In one of my most favorite color combinations!

knitted dishcloths from jane

And all of them different!

knitted dishcloths from jane

I was shocked then and I'm still shocked now. But wait, that's not all! She also made me some gorgeous stationery:

bubble cards from jane

And at the bottom of the box I found a huge bag of her OMG delicious vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. She posted the recipe here so check it out and make some for yourself. You won't regret it.

I think the best part about giving gifts to fellow crafters is knowing your gift is truly appreciated. Not everyone can understand just how much work goes into making something. And even if J can make a dishcloth in less than eight hours, I understand how much practice it took to get to that point. J makes it look easy but I know the road to perfection is hard indeed. Thanks J, your gifts are truly appreciated and well loved already.

Also, have you seen these gift labels yet? I just bought a box and I can't wait to stick them to my handmade holiday gifts. I think I'll get a lot of use out of the one that says: I made this, just so you know. So don't say anything mean about it. Awesome, right?