Back to school

Guess what everyone...I'm going back to school. Where, you ask? Oh, you know, a little place called Yale University. That's right, I'm smart enough to go to Yale...just like Rory Gilmore!

Ok, so I'm obviously not going to Yale but I'm going to take classes there. Intrigued? Read on...

Ian just told me about this wonderful program that Yale is developing. They're providing free (not for credit) online courses. Lectures for the entire course can be downloaded as transcripts, mp3's or videos. There's also a syllabus and list of reading materials. Unfortunately, links to the texts aren't provided which means you have to find the proper books on your own, but that's just as it would be if you were in college anyway.

I'm all ready for my first philosophy class: Death with Professor Shelly Kagan.

thinking hard

I'm thinking hard, as you can see. A Yale student must always be thinking hard.

I also have my Napoleon Dynamite pencils ready to go...a Yale student must always be prepared for taking notes.

napoleon dynamite pencils

Ian and I will be taking Frontiers and Controversies in Astrophysics with Professor Charles Bailyn and I'd also like to sit in on The Civil War and Reconstruction Era, 1845-1877 with Professor David Blight.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass on this amazing resource. I suggest you check out one of the lectures, if for no other reason than to see what a class at Yale is really like. I know it's the only way I'll ever get to see one...besides watching Gilmore Girls, of course.