Show and tell

It's been a while since I did a quilty update because it's been a while since I've quilted anything. I wasn't going to show this until it was closer to being a finished top but since I don't see that happening for a few months, I'll show you now:

new quilt idea

I'll tell you more about it when I have more to show. Just know that I'm loving the pink/orange/yellow/green combination. And using up scraps! And making more scraps (triangles mostly which I hope to use in another quilt someday...still working out ideas.)

And, look what I got in the mail:

fat quarter sets

I like the idea of having lots of fat quarters on hand to use in scrappy quilts but fat quarters are so expensive when compared to yardage ($10/yd? No thank you!) But I found these on sale at fabric.com and the price per yard came out to around $7...with free shipping. That's my kind of deal!

The first is Santorini (Moda) and the one in back is Monaco (Free Spirit). Some of the prints are not my style but most of them really are. And all of them have potential in scrappy quilts or quilts for people who are not me.

I had to laugh when I looked through the Santorini stack last night...there are a few purple/gold fabrics. And being a Minnesotan I immediately thought "hey, these are Minnesota Vikings colors! I can't use these!" Because I don't want a Vikings quilt, you know? How silly. But then I thought "I could make my grandma a Vikings quilt" because she's a big fan (one year she had a purple/gold Vikings christmas tree!) So maybe I will make a Vikings quilt. Do you think Lila Tueller ever imagined that fate for her fabrics?

Comments