No triangles allowed!

Oh my gosh, you guys...you have no idea how much I've wanted to make one of these beautiful zig-zag quilts. I didn't talk about it before because I hate, HATE triangles and was never actually going to make one. But look here, a zig-zag quilt that requires NO triangles!

After looking through some of my favorite zig-zag quilt photos, it seems I prefer the scrappy triangle look mixed with a lot of white. Unfortunately, this method won't give me that look but I don't mind since I won't have to match triangle points. Stupid, stupid triangles. Why do they look so cool and yet suck so much?

I think I might try this out with some of the Freshcut fabric I've been too scared to cut up. Of course, I suppose I should wait until I finish up a few of the quilts that have deadlines first. Darn it.

Comments

  1. lol I saw that post this morning and was all like "How the heck does she make a zig zig quilt without triangles? Does not compute." and moved on. ;) It's funny what catches our respective eyes, huh?

    I was dreaming about quilting again last night - just before I woke up, I was trueing up blocks. Seriously. You'd think I could dream about a more exciting aspect of quilting. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you could certainly adapt it to use scraps and white ... anything's possible (at least in quilting).
    Yay for Crazy Mom Quilts! I *love* that blog.

    And now that I've told you I never use triangles, I found a scrap patch I made years ago that used them - a 'card trick' block. It didn't bother me at all! Much easier than fussy diamonds that need to be cut on the bias. I was hand-sewing the patches, though - I wonder if that makes a difference?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment