La Vie en Rose

paris1

Since I was a little girl, I've dreamed of going to Paris. To see the Eiffel Tower, to walk along the Seine eating a croissant, surrounded by lovely songs played on lovely accordions played by lovely Frenchmen.

This summer, my dream finally came true! Ian and I, along with his parents, sister and niece, spent a week in London followed by a week in Paris. It was such a fun time!

paris2

Before our trip, I wanted to make a quilt for our almost 5 year-old niece who just so happens to be obsessed with the Eiffel Tower. I pulled scraps from the Bon Voyage quilt, added in some Liberty that I bought last time I was in London and purchased a few fleur de lis and Eiffel tower prints to round out the colors and theme. The back is an Eiffel Tower print by Michael Miller.

paris3

The pattern is Penny Patch by Rachel of Stitched in Color. It is such a great pattern and shows off the fabric beautifully!

paris4

Olivia loved her quilt and shows it to everyone who comes to her house. I'm so happy Olivia and I could see the Eiffel Tower together, to have our dreams come true. And I'm happy she has this quilt to help remember our trip together. I know I'll never forget it!

eiffel tower2

Comments