I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I really love when a pattern emerges once all the blocks are put together...I've always wanted to make a quilt like that. Of course, in order to make one of those, I have to make all the blocks...and you all know I'm not really into making fussy blocks with seams on the bias. But for some reason, these blocks were pretty fun to make. Still, I'm happy there were only 30.
Usually I agonize over fabric placement but this time I just picked a piece from the pile, made sure it wasn't the same fabric as the piece next to it and sewed. I arranged the blocks in pretty much the same way. Maybe that's why the quilt top went together so quickly and why it was so fun to make.
I was super excited to baste the quilt but then I realized I didn't actually have any backing fabric that would match the front. I ordered some orange flannel that I think will work...I might skip the batting in this quilt but I haven't decided yet.
Thanks again to Elizabeth for putting together this awesome quilt along. It inspired me to try a block I've been wanting to make for a long time. I can't wait until my flannel gets here so I can finish this quilt!